Friday, July 19, 2024

Flash Back - English - Uncle with Blue Eyes

 Uncle with Blue Eyes


My distant uncle had blue eyes,  

I had always heard,  

that people with blue eyes  

are very clever and cunning.

But I didn't know that,  

along with cunning, my uncle was  

treacherous and a killer too  

of my Gappi aunty.

Yes, her nickname was Gappi,  

Her laughter was like a constellation,  

She was like a sculpture from Ajanta,  

Like the face of a celestial nymph.

Whenever I went to their house,  

She showered me with love,  

Her home felt like heaven,  

One day, bad news arrived.

Gappi aunt burned to death,  

The stove exploded while cooking,  

But I didn't believe the news,  

I cursed a lot,

My blue-eyed uncle,  

And cried my heart out.  

Even today, remembering Gappi aunt,  

My eyes fill with tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment