Thursday, October 8, 2026

Czech_Cases

7 cases 


1 Nominative : Dictionary form of nouns , adjectives , pronouns and some numerals 

   It expresses the Subject of the sentence - 

Student je ve škole - A  student is at school  


2 Genitive : expresses possessive or partitive menaing 

Kniha studenta - Book of a student / Láhev vína = Bottle of wine 


3 Dative case -  Kniha  Dám dárek studentovi - I will give a present to a student 


4  Accusative - school   expresses the direct object in a sentence . -

Vidim studenta -  I see the student 


5 Vocative - For addressing someone - 

Adame  ! - Adam

Evo ! Eva


6 Locative case - expresses direcct object in a sentence 

Jsem v škole - I am at school


7 Instumental - expresses means or instruments bz or with wgich an action is carried out 

Jedu autem - I go by car 

================================================================

Tenses 

čas

Future = Budu doma - I will be at home 

Present - Jsem doma - I am at home 

Past - Byl sem doma - I was at home 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adjective -

ý - Hard adjectives -dobrý , blizký

i = Soft adjectives - kvalitní , moderní

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Voiced consonants -b , d , d' , g , h ,v , z , ž

unvoiced consonants -  p , t , t' , k , ch , f , s , š


At the end of words voiced consonants are pronounced as unvoiced 

b > p

d > t 

d' > fž

g > k

h > ch 

v > f 

z > s 

ž > š

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Symbols used in Czech =


hook = háček

length mark - čárka

circle - kroužek 



---------------------------------------------------------------

Vowels =


Short Vowels  -    a , e , i , y , o , u 

Long vowels  - á ,  , í , ý , ú ,ů é


sounds  of i and ý  is same 

sounds of ú and ů  is same 


Pair vowels -  ia , ie , ii , io , iu  - 

                       iya , iye , iyi , iyo , iyu 


Dipthongs - ou , au , eu 




No comments:

Post a Comment