Saturday, March 16, 2024

Flash Back - English - Roshan Di Hatti

 Roshan Di Hatti


Roshan Di Hatti 

To me,

Was like a magical land.

Where colorful trophies 

Of various kinds,

Chocolates, lollipops, and

Candies,

Wrapped in colorful papers

And 

Wrapped in foil,

Would gleam and shine,

And before sitting in my

School's bench 

Every day,

I'd spend 

10-20 paisa 

On a sweet treat.

And

I'd happily ride 

Back home on Tonga,

Carrying a candy in my pocket,

But today, 

Standing in front,

Of Roshan Di Hatti 

After years,

The owner of the once 

Vibrant shop has aged,

Perhaps he didn't recognize me,

As I bought my favorite candies from him,

And 

Distributed them among the kids

Playing gully cricket and stickball 

In the Ramleela ground,

The candies brought 

Smiles to their faces,

As they happily indulged,

Reminding me of my childhood days.

I sat there until the sunset,

Watching their games,

And 

Their joyous faces,

Amidst the scattered colorful wrappers on the ground,

Bringing back countless 

Memories of my childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment