Thursday, February 8, 2024

Flash Back - English - Kaali Masjid

 Kaali masjid

Black Masjid


In old Delhi,

From my grandma's house roof,

Connected are my countless memories.

Evenings often passed on the roof,

And from there, was visible,

The empathetic clinic,

The minarets of Jama Masjid,

The domes of the Gurudwara,

And,

Closest to Turkman Gate,

The Black Mosque,

Whose call to prayer echoed in our home,

Due to their proximity,

I got acquainted with those domes.

In reality, while going to school,

And returning from school,

By the Black Mosque,

Very close, our rickshaw passed,

Just from the corner of the street,

The Black Mosque came into view.

Many times, I felt,

That I should go to that mosque,

And one day, wandering, I reached,

Until the Black Mosque.

But couldn't climb the mosque stairs,

And quietly returned.

If someone stopped me,

I don't even remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment